I returned from Virginia Beach just in time for our A/C to die. On the eve before my return, we had a bad electrical storm in DC. It knocked out our compressor so we have to replace it. We got the diagnosis on Friday and estimates on Saturday. Unfortunately, they can't install our new system until Thursday!!! Oy, a whole week without A/C during one of the hottest months of the year. Just my luck. It's ironic because I was gone all last week and we'll be at Lake Anna next week. It hasn't been horrible until today. It was hot and humid today and our thermostat read 87 degrees at one point. We have about 12 fans going all over the house (we borrowed a bunch from our generous neighbors) but they just move hot air. Dave is currently sitting at the kitchen table doing work and he just asked me if he could go back to his office! AJ and I are going to sleep in the basement tonight. Charlotte seems to be doing fine with sleeping. Hopefully this will all be over soon.
AJ asleep this afternoon. Yes, I know I'm breaking all sorts of rules by letting him sleep on the couch and his belly, but I was with him the entire time and it's just too hot in his room.
1 comment:
87 degrees!?! Wow -- I know tomorrow can't come soon enough! And Charlotte sleeping with her purse and sunglasses is just too funny. :)
And it looks like the pool will be out for this afternoon, so let me know if you all would like to come over for some A/C time after naps. We'd love to see you!
Post a Comment