Monday, September 14, 2009

First Day of Preschool


Charlotte is officially a "preschooler" after today. Everything went great this morning. I could tell she was a little nervous, though. This morning when she woke up, she didn't want to go to school because AJ would miss her too much. She repeated this on the drive to school. Once we arrived and she saw her friends, she was fine. As soon as the doors opened, she bolted. I walked her to her room and she hardly turned back to say goodbye. When I picked her up, she greeted me with a huge smile and told me EVERYTHING on the way home. I hope she'll always tell me about her day in such detail from now until forever. Neither one of us shed any tears today so that was success! I'm proud of my little 3 year old for being such a big girl. She's definitely excited to go back. And so it begins...

Showing her new backpack. She loves it!

Telling our neighbors that she's going to school!

This is out of focus but it pretty much sums up how she was feeling this morning. She was so excited she could hardly stand it!

2 comments:

Katie said...

These are the best first day of school pictures!!! Absolutely stinkin' adorable!

GrammaG said...

Charlotte's first day pictures are so sweet. My grandchildren started school last week also. I actually cried when I saw their First day of school picture. They will be in the two year old class because their 3rd birthday isn't until Sept. 19th. This will probably be a good thing, especially for the boys. Thanks for posting the pictures.