Friday, December 17, 2010

Built-in bookshelves in the family room!


Here's the before picture of our fireplace wall in the family room. It was in desperate need of something. The fireplace just stood alone. Don't you love AJ sprawled on the floor watching Sesame Street?!

Here is the new shelves installed without paint or crown molding at the top.

Our painter is hard at work finishing up just as my family was arriving for Thanksgiving.

The finished product complete with a new plasma TV. We couldn't be happier. You'll notice we painted the brick around the fireplace black which I think was a huge improvement over the boring brown. We love it! I think the item arrangement on the shelves will always be a work in progress.

Charlotte thinks the cabinets are a great play place. She told me the other day that she and her 9 kids were moving. This is their new house!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I love all the renovation photos, Elizabeth! Your house looks absolutely fantastic.