
A couple weeks ago we visited the butterfly exhibit at Natural History with Emma, Erika and Mary Kate. It was FABULOUS! I highly recommend it. We got there first thing and had the whole place to ourselves. The curators were so friendly and informative. Here's one landing on Erika's shoulder.

They use paint brushes to pick up the butterflies so they don't damage any of their delicate body parts. Erika had her fancy camera with her so I'm sure she got some good shots. I was taking pictures on my small point and shoot with AJ in the Beco so they're not great.

We could watch a couple new butterflies emerging from their chrysalis. Amazing!

One landed on my ponytail and stayed there the entire time. They had to remove it before we left the exhibit. Maybe it liked the scent my two day unwashed hair?! Apparently it's pretty common for the butterflies to land on people. They like all the new colors and smells.




No comments:
Post a Comment