Sunday, October 03, 2010

Master Bathroom Remodel






Here you go folks - the first of our renovation project pictures. The first three pictures are my only "before" photos during demo. I wish I had taken some better ones but no big deal. You can see it was just a small bathroom with one sink and dated yellow tile. Yuck! Our dream was to add another sink with an updated modern look.


A few pictures during the process. Our tile guy did a great job but since he works alone, it went slow. Fortunately, he had four weeks while we weren't living in the house. The last few weeks after move-in, we all used the kids' bathroom.

Here is the view from the master bedroom where we added a small wall and door frame. Prior to this, the area was just dead unusable space between the bathroom (to the left) and the walk-in closet (to the right). I know it's hard to visualize from this picture.

The finished product! We love it. Double sink vanity, new ceramic tile floor, wainscott tile walls with slate tile accent stripe, and fully tiled shower. It all came together just as we had envisioned but it wasn't easy picking everything out.


Close-up of the slate accent which is one of our favorite parts!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

Oh my God, I love all of the remodel pictures!!! This is better than watching HGTV. I'm so happy for you guys. It looks like your new home is just lovely. I hope you'll be very happy there.

Susannah said...

The bathroom looks fabulous, Elizabeth! What a dramatic change. So fun and exciting! :)

Courtney R said...

Awesome!!