Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Only child for a few days


Lounging on the kitchen floor with new library books. Both kids love to come home from the library and immediately look at every single book they chose.

While Charlotte was away at Camp Memme, AJ had a great time with just me. He could play uninterrupted with any toys he wanted including this snap-on doll set which is usually off limits. We had lots of nice talks over meals and in the car. There was no breaking up fights and deciding who goes first, etc. It was nice with just one child, but we both missed Charlotte. AJ kept saying, "I miss my friend, Charlotte." She got home late at night after AJ had gone to bed. In the morning, they had the sweetest reunion with lots of hugs and "I love you." I think the absense from each other really helped their relationship as siblings. I enjoyed having AJ all to myself for a few days and I know that won't likely happen again for a long time.

No comments: