Saturday, September 03, 2011

AJ at 2.5 years old - Target Studio














I wanted to get the "T-W-O" pictures taken like Charlotte when she was 2 years old, so we headed back to Target Studio at the beginning of August while Charlotte was in Va Beach. AJ was super cooperative for the photographer and we got some really cute shots.


At 2.5 years old, he's quite the little toddler. He's as sweet as can be most of the time and randomly says, "Mommy, I lub you" throughout the day. It melts my heart. He needs lots of hugs and snuggles which I'll never complain about. I know this won't last forever but I do hope he continues to be an affectionate little boy. AJ and Charlotte adore each other. For the most part, they get along well and play together nicely. Of course, they have their sibling moments. It helps that AJ is extremely verbal. He has the vocabulary of a 5 year old, at least. He uses words such as serious, actually, overwhelmed, frustrated, absorbs, conversation, and many more in the proper context.


He's a normal rambunctious little boy who likes to fight "bad guys", make car and explosion sounds, and run around like a wild child. He does have an excellent attention span and will sit quietly doing crafts, art, and floor play. His fine motor skills are well developed as he can hold a pencil and string small beads on a pipe cleaner one at a time. He always wants to be doing what Charlotte is doing so that helps.


His favorite book at the moment is "Room on the Broom". We checked it out randomly from the library one time and now he checks it out almost everytime we get new books. He also loves "The Monster at the End of this Book" and recites lines from it all the time.


He's looking forward to meeting his new baby brother and says he loves his baby brother frequently. He's ready to move into his new airplane themed big boy room as soon as we get it all set up. I recently bought a second crib because we're not ready to put him in a big bed until he figures out how to climb out of his crib (please pray that doesn't happen anytime soon!).


As of about a week ago, he's fully weaned from nursing. One day he just forgot how to do it. We were only nursing at nap time and some days not at all. He knows that the milk needs to be ready for his new baby brother and I think it was time for both of us. It was a very gentle weaning process and I'll miss our nursing snuggles. But, fortunately, we have a new nursling on the way soon!


My little boy is growing up too fast! I'm thankful for the time I get to spend with him.


No comments: