Sunday, September 11, 2011

Rain, rain, and more rain!




We had rain every day last week. We didn't see the sun until Friday afternoon. I finally broke down and let the kids do something I usually never let them do....jump off the furniture. Poor kids needed some exercise! Charlotte had been to gymnastics that morning, hence the outfit. She LOVES her gymnastics outfit and matching scrunchy.


Rivers, streams and ponds were forming all over our yard because there was just so much water and the ground was already saturated. We didn't have any flooding issues or water damage but many people in this area did not fair as well. We got 11" of rain in one day on Thursday. I thought it would never end.


The pond in our backyard.






The small stream running on the side of our house. We had a nice dry weekend and Dave was able the mow the lawn on Sunday. We're looking forward to more sunshine this week.

1 comment:

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

Glad to hear that all the water stayed outside your house. We ended up with a flooded basement!