.jpg)
I'm becoming a regular at the White House - twice in one month! My friend, Marcy, invited me to join her and her husband, Vince, for the White House welcoming ceremony. I gave up my ticket for the Papal Mass tomorrow so I was thrilled to get another chance to see the Holy Father.

We stood pretty far back behind the fountain on the South Lawn. I was just happy to be there. This is Marcy and Vince. Vince is currently staffed by the Air Force at the Office of the Administration. One flash of his pass and we were on the White House grounds. Thank you, Vince and Marcy!
.jpg)
In the middle you can see the Pope and Mr. President. I took this from really far away so the resolution isn't great after I zoomed in quite a bit.
.jpg)
Laura and I are getting to be good friends :) Here is Laura, the Pope, and W. At the end of the ceremony, we all sang Happy Birthday to the Holy Father. Today is his 81st birthday. I'm not sure I'll ever have that opportunity again!
.jpg)
The tulips around the fountain were all in full bloom. Spring in Wash DC is beautiful!
.jpg)
Evidence I was there!
.jpg)
We hadn't planned to stay and see the motorcade, but we got stuck due to the street closures and couldn't get to our parking garage just two blocks away on the other side of the street. The constellation prize was that we got to see him pass by. I took a quick shot by holding my camera in the air. Not bad, eh? Just ignore the ugly sign about the Pope Mobile. The protesters were out in full force.
A big thank you to Papa for watching Charlotte this morning so I could be at this historical event!
No comments:
Post a Comment