

So happy that everyone is singing to him!

Getting ready to blow out his candle again! This time we had chocolate cake and ice cream.
My flash missed the actual money shot of the candle going out but he did it! He then requested that we sing again...and so we sang Happy Birthday one more time for our sweet 2 year old.

Emma and Charlotte were excellent helpers with present opening. AJ was pretty patient with them too. They were just as excited about all his new trains as he was.

I still can't believe my baby boy is 2!
A few things I want to remember about him at this stage:
He loves to sing at all hours of the day. When I put him in his crib at night, he usually sings one or two songs by himself before going to sleep. It's so cute to hear him belt it out and mix up a few words.
He's a very sympathetic sweet boy. He's always concerned when he hears a baby crying. He'll ask me at random times if I'm happy or sad. When Charlotte gets a boo-boo, he wants to make sure she's okay. He tells his stuffed animals and dolls to not be scared and "it's okay".
He can count from 1 to 12. He can sing his ABC's with no problem and he's already learning letter sounds. He learns the title of a book after reading it just one time and has several nursery rhymes memorized like "Rub-a-dub-dub" and "Wee Willie Winkie". He's always worried about Humpty Dumpty falling! He finishes the sentences in Goodnight Moon. He's at the stage where it's hard to turn a page while reading a book because he has so many questions about EVERYTHING!
He still loves all cars, trucks, trains, and anything with wheels! He points everything out as we're driving. One day in the car he said, "Oh no mommy, that car is going backwards!" It was just because we were passing the car. He tells me to go when the light is green and to stop on red. And, of course, he tells me his music choice before I can even think about listening to something of my choosing.
He's still a big snuggler and I'm hoping that will last for a while. Charlotte still loves her snuggle times but I know that boys can be different. He's not completely weaned from nursing but down to just one time a day at naptime. If he naps in the car, then no "milk" that day. He still turns his nose up at cow's milk which is fine. He gets plenty of calcium in his diet from other sources.
We love you, AJ!

No comments:
Post a Comment