Friday, August 24, 2012

July 2012

 I'm realizing that July was a really busy month from looking at the pictures. Zachary is now fully on the move crawling everywhere so my life is over. If I want to get anything done these days it has to be when he is sleeping (ie now is naptime) or strapped to my back. After this blog post I need to go make bread and dinner. He'll likely be awake so I'll have to put him in the Ergo. We went to Burke Lake Park one Saturday morning with our friends, Jenna and Nate, to see the Arts in the Parks feature performance. It was this funny one man puppet show guy. The kids loved it, especially AJ.


 Watching this "illegal" display of fireworks from the comfort of our front yard on the 4th was awesome. After a super hot cookout at the neighbor's house, I put Zachary to bed and enjoyed the fireworks with my fam and neighbors on a blanket in our yard. Bliss. No fighting crowds and walking back to the car with exhausted kids. I hope we do this every year.

 Dave fulfilled a lifelong dream of watching Olympic swimming live in London. He had a great trip and I'm happy he was able to go. I took all three kids to Va Beach to stay with my parents.
 On the drive down, we stopped at the Mariner's Museum in Newport News. Fantastic place that we blew through in about 2 hours. I could have spent more time reading all the signs but the kids wouldn't allow me that luxury. We're making it a point to stop somewhere every time we drive to or from Va Beach. There are so many great places in Virginia to visit and Charlotte is getting to an age where she can appreciate it more.
 Their favorite activity lately at Memme and Poppy's house is the climb the outside of the stair railing (in their pajamas this time).
 Charlotte took her first steps at Memme and Poppy's house so it as only appropriate that she also loose her first tooth there. We emailed the tooth fairy to let her know that she needed to make a special trip. Her tooth was loose before we left so we packed the tooth fairy pillow just in case. Good thing! It fell out while she was watching the Olympic swimming on TV!

 We got to see Lula and Edward on this trip! Hooray for seeing friends. We met them after Stroller Strides at Bayville Farm Park.
 Trying to get a picture of all three kids was an epic fail on this day.
 We met our friends Alexis and Jackson at Lakewood Park in Norfolk the next day. I would have gotten more pictures, but it started to downpour shortly after this was taken. We had to escape to the library after standing under a pavilion for 30 minutes! It was crazy but still great to see them.

 Playing in the backyard pool.
 Classic boy pose. Sheesh.
 Our pretty petunias from Nanny. We had several pots full of them and they all did great! Thank you.
 Best part of summer is eating outside.



 Freaky Friday dress up day for swim practice where the boys dress up like girls and vice versa. Everyone thought Charlotte's mullet wig was a riot!
 We have a new member of the family named "Bearbie". He alternated days sleeping with AJ and Charlotte for a while. One morning, this is how we found Bearbie and AJ. It looked like they both had a rough night!
 Multitasking by bike riding and baby wearing! AJ has gotten quite good with his Strider bike this summer.
How do you like this? Charlotte is riding her bike in a bathing suit and boots :)

No comments: