Monday, January 07, 2008

17 months and something to show for it!


Charlotte has had a rough start to the new year and definitely looks like a toddler. Yesterday, she fell and hit her face on the sidewalk on our way to church. She was bleeding pretty bad but nothing but a few scratches and a fat lip. After cleaning her up, she wanted to go back out again.

On New Year's day, Charlotte got her first burn. She reached out to touch the egg skillet and truly learned the meaning of "hot"! She also learned how to say "boo boo" and shows it to us all the time. It was a pretty bad burn but she really took it well. I don't think she'll do that again.

Early this morning, I took her to the doctor because I was worried she might have her first ear infection. She had a fever on Friday/Saturday and has been waking up screaming at night. Her ears are fine but the doctor commented that she's definitely teething. Her top molars are still breaking through and the bottom molars look ready. Poor baby!

2 comments:

K and As Mom said...

Poor Charlotte, all beat up. :( You're such a great mom to take it all in stride so beautifully!! :) Kelly and I are looking forward to seeing you guys this weekend!

mkbrousseau said...

pobrecita! hope she's doing better :) reminds me of you getting your burns at outback! miss you