Monday, December 01, 2008

Santa Claus is coming to town...


I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving! We stayed at home this year and had a great four day weekend. On Saturday morning, we got pictures taken for our Christmas card. Charlotte was very cooperative and we got some good shots. I won't post them on the blog until they're all in the mail so you'll just have to wait! We decided to hop on over to the mall to see Santa since Charlotte was already dressed. Last year was a bust and there was no way Charlotte was going anywhere near Santa. This year she seemed excited to meet him. We waited in line for 20 minutes, eager with anticipation. I thought for sure it would be a go, but last minute she changed her mind. Oh well...there's always next year.

Memme and Poppy came for a quick visit this weekend. Memme made Charlotte this beautiful Christmas quilt. It's made of all flannel fabric - so soft and cozy. She also brought us some new Christmas reading material. Thanks, Memme!

We pulled out the decorations and trimmed the tree. It's become a tradition to put up the tree on Thanksgiving weekend so we can enjoy it the whole month. I know it's not in sync with Advent season, but Charlotte's too young to understand Advent anyway. Charlotte enjoyed pulling out all the ornaments and examining them. So far, she's been pretty good with the tree so no gate this year. It's hard to believe it's December already and I'm 31 weeks pregnant. We're in the home stretch now. I'm still feeling good and the baby is doing well. Charlotte tells random strangers that she's going to have a baby brother!

No comments: