After looking at blogs of my friends this week, I realized that I'd been tagged by Courtney and Megan to do something called a "Meme". Never heard of it but it seems like chain mail for blogs. I'll give it a shot.
The rules:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Write 6 random things about yourself.
Tag 6-ish people at the end of your post.
Let each person know he/she has been tagged (or let them get tagged by reading your blog).
Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
My 6 random things...
1. I'm not a morning person. I guess most people would know this about me. Like Megan, I don't like to talk when I first wake up. I need my time to slowly ease into the day. That quickly had to change when Charlotte was born, but it doesn't mean I like mornings. I'm good to go after a shower and cup of joe.
2. I love organization. I don't have a perfectly organized house, but nothing gives me more satisfaction than going through a dresser of drawers or closet when I have a spare moment. Purging old stuff is my favorite activity. I feel so much better after donating, selling, or free-cycling a big load of junk. The onslaught of toys, baby gear, children's books, and all the other stuff you need with kids has made me a little nutty. I'm always trying to find a new way to keep it organized.
3. I love a bargain. We recently bought a new car - more on that later. I spent weeks shopping around the area for the best deal. I wouldn't be satisfied with the purchase until I knew I got the best price. We got a pretty darn good deal on our new minivan (2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L), but I agonized and haggled with dealers for days. I inherited my bargain hunting skills from my mom and haggling skills from my dad. I must have called my dad at least 50 times last week to ask his advice. Thanks, Dad! Who doesn't love to save money, right?
4. I wish I was a better photographer and had more time to take a few classes.
5. My favorite meal is corned beef and cabbage. Dave isn't such a fan so I don't make it often. It's one of the best winter meals in my opinion. Brings out a little of my Irish roots.
6. I love being a stay-at-home mom. I feel fortunate to be able to stay home with Charlotte and all my future kiddos. I know it's not for everyone or within their means to stay home. I've always assumed I would stay home with my kids when the time came, but it was hard leaving a field (forensics) that I loved. I was lucky enough to work part-time for the past two years, but I officially retired in October with no regrets. I can't imagine not being able to watch Charlotte learn and grow every single day. I love waking up in the morning and getting to decide what we should do that day. My house is my sanctuary and I love being able to stay home on cold or rainy days if I want. I feel so blessed every day.
Phew, glad that is over. It wasn't as painful as I expected.
I'm tagging:
1. Erika (Two Popsicles)
2. Katie (Four Bright Eyes)
3. Kathy (Meet the Kaisers)
4. Courteney (Kelly's Korner)
5. Mimi (Defining Sienna)
Danielle, just like Susannah, I'm sparing you since I know you have way to much on your plate at the moment. Sara, having a baby tomorrow let's you off the hook too :)
1 comment:
Aghhhh...the pressure is on.
Post a Comment