Dave already posted his version of AJ's birth so I'll post a few birth photos. I promise they're all "G-rated" and no placenta pictures! Many of the photos of AJ are out of focus since we didn't want to use a flash and the room was dimly lit. Considering Dave was juggling a million tasks that evening, he did a pretty good job at photodocumenting the event. We even have some video too! I'm so glad we were able to have a homebirth and it was definitely a much better overall birth experience than Charlotte's hospital birth. I'm also happy that my mom was there for the birth. She missed Charlotte's birth by an hour (our fault for not calling her earlier) and I really wanted her there this time. We were blessed with a healthy little boy and a fantastic birth team. I'm actually looking forward to doing it again (just not anytime soon!).

A smiling mom less than 5 minutes after AJ was born. I was completely euphoric for two reasons - labor was OVER! (at least the hardest part) and I had a healthy baby boy.
.jpg)
So happy to have my mom by my side. During labor, it was a another story. For some reason, I couldn't handle her being in the room with me. I had a hard time focusing on relaxing for fear that she would worry about me being in pain. It was a silly concern, but we're not completely rational during hard labor. My mom stood just outside the room until just before AJ was born. Thanks for understanding, Mom.
.jpg)
Nursing AJ for the first time.
.jpg)
Dave recorded contractions on the back of a Hallmark card!
4 comments:
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing!!!
I love the first picture of you, Elizabeth. You look beautiful and so very happy. Thank you for sharing your story for all of us to read. I'm sorry your mom had to leave. My mom was here for about six weeks when Jackson was born...and I cried so hard when she left! And I know Charlotte appreciated lots of special time before AJ arrived and took over the scene. :) Congratulations, again. I can't wait to meet him! :)
Love the photos, Elizabeth. You look so relaxed and happy. Reading about your idyllic homebirth experience almost makes me want to have another baby just to try it. Almost. :)
Have to admit, I got a little teary eyed at the whole story. Love it! I've had your blog up on a tab for over a week and just not got caught up. So pathetic. It was awesome seeing you guys this morning. I hope we see you again soon!
Post a Comment